Re: work light

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on February 11, 2011 at 10:40:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: work light posted by Jack McDevitt on February 11, 2011 at 10:00:33:

John Smith' website: www.oldfordtractors.com

John is a machinist par excellence and he occasionally parts out a tractor or two. He's not like the scrappers on eBay. John will throw the real junk out rather thsn sell it and he stands behind everything he sells. His specialty is rebuilding Sherman and Hupp auxiliary transmissions, but you never know what is going to pop up for sale on his website.

I own an early 8N that I bought in New Jersey. It is outfitted with the combo taillight and license plate bracket on the left rear fender. You don't often see the license bracket on a Pennsylvania tractor. States differ in whether a road tractor (i.e. owned by the county or township and maybe used for mowing) needs a license plate.

The left and right brackets turn up on eBay all the time. be careful that you don't pay more for a rusty original than you wuld pay for a replica. Just8ns has the replicas www.just8ns.com and other suppliers probably have them, too.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1297438812">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]