Todays Progress

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hardacrefarm on April 25, 2010 at 21:18:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

Humid but comfortable tmperature kind of day, but rain was eminent....just a matter of time before it came...
Looks like a well rounded week for projects...some rain and some sun...cool temps-good for working (Not so great for paint though...sheesh!).

Anyway, hoping that this weeks weather, being all around the map, will give me a chance to put the finishing touches on all the nearly complete projects that are going on...at least some of them anyway!

Was hoping to finish up the drawbar assembly today, but weather conditions made for some pretty slow drying times for paints...so again, plans change...
Had to settle for doing just a little on multiple things.

Finished up with drilling a few holes to 1/2" left on the trailer stops project, then started putting the receivers on the draw bar after that (The intent was to do this so as to then be able to put the toolbox mounts on without having to slide them later for final adjustment...didn't get that far...lol).

Located the proper length bolts, but had to wire wheel and paint them, which the drying time was just too long today.

Sooooooooo.....
I decided to start in on that hookhitch/vice mount & vice.

Disassembled it and wire wheeled and de-greased it.
Gave it a few coats of primer-which seemed to have a MUCH better drying rate than the paint!

Figured I might as well give the mount some wire wheel & paint also...
Still haven't decided wheter to bolt or weld the tube to this piece yet.
Leaning towards welding it, as it may someday get used as a winch mount instead of a vice, but then it will always have to be put in a receiver, or re-worked to mount elsewhere.

As well as the receiver tube (From my hitch hall)...
Still needs to be cut to length (When I find out what that is!) and drilled for the hitch pin...
I use both standard truck receivers as well as ATV bolt-on receivers, but they both have different length runouts behind the lockpins (And I think pin sizes also)...probably the truckmount length will win if I can make it work in the ATV style.
The problem is in trying to leave enough tube on the leftover to make another mount!
Rarely do I have access to this size/strength tube!

There was time enough only to paint one side of the vice parts before the rain started, so it may be a while before the underneath gets painted, since there's a few days of rain scheduled.
I'm thinking I kinda like this black/red combo I've got started going on.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1272244703">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]