Re: Ford 8n Front loader Control Rebuild kit

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TheOldHokie on August 16, 2019 at 14:02:09 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Ford 8n Front loader Control Rebuild kit posted by Josh on August 16, 2019 at 03:55:53:

That is exactly the sort of valve I was recommending and a smaller version of the one I pictured below. The link to the "expensive" valve was provided by some one other than me.

ALL of these valves are open center (fluid simply flows freely through the middle when the controls are in neutral) and have a return line that goes to the tank - the loader frame in your case. They will not be arranged in teh same orientation as your old valve but that is simply a matter of some hoses and fittings.

Your old valve has one double acting spool and one single acting spool. The Prince valve you linked has two double acting spools which means it has an extra port for the cylinders. It also has top and side inlets for the pump and top and side outlets for the return line. The extra ports are simply provided to make the plumbing runs easier/neater. You only use one of each and you plug the ports you are not using.

The only thing that is not straight forward in your application is using one of the double acting spools to control your single acting lift cylinders. You could just leave the unused port plugged but for reasons I am not going to explain right now that is bad for the valve and pump. A better way is to connect the unused port back to the tank return line so that oil simply dumps back into the tank. That is what the extra plumbing in my picture is all about. The tee on teh side of the valve is the tank return and the pipe across the top is simply dumping one of the cylinder ports into it. The other hose is a power beyonfd connection you do not need and you would simply leave that port plugged. If you want to replace your old valve using that Prince valve I will be happy to give you a diagram and telephone support ;-)

TOH

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1565982129">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]