Re: 48 Ford 8N Ford emblems

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Dolan on August 09, 2015 at 09:20:14 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 48 Ford 8N Ford emblems posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 09, 2015 at 07:04:51:

No, I remember the tractor having very similar headlamps as those shown in your photo. The left rear fender had a single head lamp to illuminate any equipment. No rear red light as I recall.

Btw, Betsy (as the tractor has been called since I was a boy) is in the shop for a heart transplant, new engine. I found a solid set of dog legs at Smiths and when she returns I'll start the cosmetic rejuvination process.

The engine work is running $3200 and includes wires, carb rebuild, distributor work etc. I'm not sure if that's a fair price but the mechanics works of 8N's as a specialty so I'm confident he knows more than me. I can handle any mechanical issues and start the cosmetic process. She'll need new lamps and a light switch, and I'm debating replacing the amp meter and oil pressure gauge (Both appear to be original).

I hope she'll look as nice as the photo you posted when complete. Heck, I'll get replacement Ford medallion and install it on the front of the hood.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1439126414">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]