Re: 8N rear rims

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 17, 2020 at 05:44:51 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8N rear rims posted by Darrell Morris on November 16, 2020 at 18:15:13:

Do you have the OEM 28 x 9 Hat Rims or the aftermarket 6-Loop Stye? Wheel and tire sizes were measured differently back then. Look at Miller Tire for the explanation -inside vs. outside. 10 x 28 was the OEM tire size on 9 x 28 rims. The same tire is now listed as 11.2 x 28. If you have hat rims and one got rotted chances are the other is going or gone too as the substance for tire ballast weight was Calcium Chloride -a substance that when it leaked, caused ferrous material to oxidize (rust) and his was the reason you find many rotted out. Oftentimes it isn't evident until too late but signs may first appear around the valve stem area with rust. If you want to keep your 8N all original, I have a pair of hat Rims with repop Firestone Champion Spade Guide Grip Tires I used for my '48 show machine. I also have a pair of restored Hat Rims with 8N center discs for sale too. My email is open.

FORD/KELSEY-HAYES OEM 28 X 9 HAT RIMS, RESTORED:

1948 FORD 8N RESTORED; TIM DALEY OWNER & OPERATOR:

1948 FORD 8N w/WORK TIRES & WHEELS, TIM DALEY, OWNER/OPERATOR:

FRONT: Reproduction Firestone original style Guide Grip 6.00 x 16 with Ford 2-PC Weights added. REAR: Firestone 11.2 x 28 Field & Road tires on 6-Loop style aftermarket rims, loaded with beet juice, trade name Rim Guard .

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]