Re: value of a Funk vs. standard 8n

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on October 20, 2020 at 06:33:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: value of a Funk vs. standard 8n posted by steve on October 19, 2020 at 17:48:52:

I agree with Dean - they were a novelty and not a serious tractor.
Putting a 6 banger in place of a 4 isn't a great recipe.
You have a tractor with an alligator mouth and a mocking bird a$$.
IF the transmission and rear end could sustain that much horsepower you are still left with not enough tire to put it to the ground. Add weights and or bigger tires and you just break what's in front of them sooner. If you just used it for pto work the question becomes, how much HP will that small clutch handle?
And then of course, you still have a tractor with non live hydraulics, no live pto, or power steering, or differential lock, or remote hydraulics, only 4 forward gears and an awfully fast reverse.
A Funk might be fun but it's really not a serious work machine.
All that said, I think the ones with the original Funk cast iron pan would be most collectible/valuable as there are several kits you can buy to drop a bigger engine into an N that use the add-on frame.
I considered dropping a little diesel from a Thermo King refer into an N (got it for free) but thought better of it and stuck the $ into a lightly burned 3600 instead.
Unlike selling a cobbled up N I actually made a couple grand when I sold the 3600.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]