Re: Which up-dated spark plugs for my 8n?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff in Maine on October 04, 2020 at 20:29:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Which up-dated spark plugs for my 8n? posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 04, 2020 at 06:28:52:

I didn't get back to work on Babe today, will try tomorrow. Meanwhile, after charging I disconnected the charger and the the battery cranked the engine strongly. Yes, for a full year the battery was disconnected but not on any charge. I haven't yet looked at the electrolyte but will do. The sediment bulb remained clear after I drained the tank, and initially the flow was slight to nil but afterI put in approx. 2 gallons (which I recall reading by someone on the Forum (Bruce?)is the minimum to get a good flow to the carb, and that did work. Here in coastal Maine the winter temps may not get quite as low as in Michigan but below freezing is common and last winter was the coldest winter in 10 years. I'll pull the plugs again, and expect that as usual with Babe her plugs may will again be heavily "carbonated" from running rich, although she only ran 15 min. or so.(I never seem to have been able to counter act that.)
Question: If 6.03v is only a 25% charge, what is the desired rating??

BRUCE: TIM says the AL 216 is in fact the same as the 437. Agreed?

Thanks all, I'll report back ASAP.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]