Which up-dated spark plugs for my 8n?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff in Maine on October 03, 2020 at 19:48:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

For my 1951 "Babe" I got a very late start this season. She sat idle for a full year. I reconnected the battery, charged it and after checking for spark (good)because she would not start I siphoned all the Sta-bilized gas out and replaced with fresh, non-ethanol gas and cleaned the richly carbonized plugs, and she did start and ran smoothly for a 15 minute test. Two hours later she wouldn't start. Went to local NAPA for new plugs as I have done every season, for the Champion H12's but they were out of stock. Asked for the Autolite 437's but NAPA didn't recognize that number (huh?). The clerk offered AL 216 which he said was compatible. Bought'em but checked on line, found that there are 3 AL plugs said to be compatible. The AL webpage says that the end number, 6 in this case, indicates heat range, and the higher the number the hotter the plug. I could not confirm if that is the same with the Champion H12--but if so, that's quite a jump from 2 to 6, which would be a step down from a 437? I have not installed the 216's yet, pending Forum replies.
BRUCE, are you out there??

Maybe the AL 216 copper plugs are a newer version of the 437's??
P.S. Regrettably am relocating so will put Babe up for sale once I get her back to speed. (sigh)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]