Re: 3 brush generator

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 25, 2020 at 12:04:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 3 brush generator posted by Dennis on September 23, 2020 at 22:47:16:

Dennis-
Here is what JMOR said in more technical detail:

" Being a 3 brush, the generator supplies it's own field current & with no battery connected, it can output ~18 volts (no load) and this amount of voltage will produce excessive current in the field coils for sure and maybe in armature. I'll call the generator shop correct on this one.

Here is the real irony of it.........if he had shorted the armature to ground, then there would have been no 3rd brush output to the field, thus no armature output & it just spins freely & cool in the bearings! These three brush units are current self-limiting and is why they could use simple cutout with no current regulator. "

I again have to ask why on earth would you have your genny rebuilt, mounted, and then not attach the cable? You also could have just not had the fan belt fastened and it wouldn't have done any damage as well but then no fan belt means no water pump and thus no radiator flushing, overheating, and more problems.

Now you will have to have your starter shop guy rebuild your genny once again. I have an OEM 2N-10000 Generator rebuilt to original specs and all set to mount. It includes the OEM Generator Belt Tensioner. My email is open if you wish to discuss further.

OEM FORD 2N-10000 GENERATOR WITH BELT TENSIONER ATTACHED:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]