How far to go on a restore

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry on August 30, 2020 at 01:43:39 [URL] [DELETE] :

Sorry if this is a repost, having trouble posting on here.
Looking for opinions on just how far to go on my most recent project. Have a 1950 8N that I had used for several years, mostly mowing and blade work. It is mostly retired now as I have other tractors I use for that. It runs very nice but has several small oil leaks, dents ect. Would like to restore it, would likely only be used for occassional Mowing or the odd drive for sentimental reasons after that. Was thinking of stripping it down, replacing gaskets ect and giving it a decent paint job. If it was running poorly I wouldnt hesitate to do a complete rebuild but like I said, it runs great. Originally thought pan gaskets, crank seals ect for the engine as well as gaskets/seals for most everything else. Dont want a new paint job looking like hell from leaks. What is everyones thoughts here? If I am going that far, should I strip the engine and check it out as well? What are the chances of reusing pistons ect if they look good once I have stripped it? Better to leave well enough alone or go all the way? Basically looking for something that will look/run good for years to come.
I am interested in your opinions.
Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]