Re: 8N Wheel Repair

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles Hudson on August 06, 2020 at 18:13:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N Wheel Repair posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 06, 2020 at 15:39:56:

Tim,

I was asking for confirmation that the parts illustrated in the on-line ad were indeed the "hubs" Steve was referencing. All of this is new to me: I've never had the rear axle on an 8N apart before. Are these in fact the kind of parts he was talking about?

Where parts come from is a separate issue. I have purchased from your favorite suppliers in the past, but as I know so little about 8Ns I like to make sure I'm ordering the right thing. Recently the local NAPA store sold me some points that I had specified for a '48 8N, 6 Volt system, front-mount distributor. The points they sold me were for a side-mount. They were "correct" as far as their system knew; they just weren't the right part.

I feel fortunate to have a local tire store that is familiar with tractor tires; there is still some farming around the area (northeast Ohio) but AG-specific stores are several towns away. My local dealer has helped with the dismounting of the old tires and will mount and fill the new ones.

I wasn't surprised to find WalMart had tractor tires - they were founded in Bentonville, Arkansas, after all. I have my eye on some Yokohama tires. Not Firestones, but then again, Firestone is owned by Bridgestone now. Akron is no longer the rubber capitol of the world.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]