Re: You screen, we all screen?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on July 29, 2020 at 22:30:53 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: You screen, we all screen? posted by K.LaRue-VA on July 29, 2020 at 19:44:04:

I have sort of a daily ritual... After I get off work, I will start 8N tractor up (after going through my pre-start-up checklist, which includes checking oil) ... Run 8N through its Paces, checking PTO, 3-point lift, etc ... Of course, honking it's Ooga horn & checking lights... It is a satisfaction to me, being able to go through this routine, because it took so much effort getting 8N tractor to this point, from one purchased non-running ... Ooga! lol :-)

Today I was doing a side job after work, and didn't get home as early as normal, so before it got dark, I went out and checked the fuel bowl and valve body ... I snugged bail up finger tight, and glass fuel bowl was safely secured ... Holding my breath, and concerned, I opened valve 2 turns, and lo and behold, no leaks! Yea! :-)

When I was 100% satisfied that there was no leaks, I went ahead and started through my daily 8N ritual ... Ooga! :-)

Previously had a leak dripping from threads (as you've suggested checking out, Kevin), and used my flare nut wrench set, tightening until it just quit leaking... I kept an eye on it, later it started leaking and I had to tighten it just a bit more, to stop leaking.

I know from that experience, once you fix something, then sit back and wait to see if the fix is reliable and stays fixed, Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it lol :-p

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]