Re: 8N hard to start, dies when warm (LONG)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason (OR Coast) on July 07, 2020 at 17:43:54 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N hard to start, dies when warm (LONG) posted by Bruce (VA) on July 07, 2020 at 14:49:19:

Thanks Bruce, you are right on with this information. I have to be honest friend, I am almost superstitious about this machine. I have repaired many engines, rebuilt transmissions, and worked on other components on vehicles, riding mowers, two cycle, you name it. But this is almost like a mystery to me. I think a big problem for me has been this disconnected feeling I have about the tractor. I know nobody around here using these tractors (we bought ours after taking a road trip to check it out) and can't buy a part in our area. As a result, I end up just trying to throw things at it from other experiences, and hope it'll work.

One thing I had not mentioned before is that I had a 50's automobile repair gentleman come by once and he just seemed totally confused and overwhelmed by it all. I guess some of it rubbed off on me and added to my despair.

Regardless, you are right on and I'll give it a whirl in the next couple of days. I don't have one of these spark gap tools, though I am familiar with them, have seen them before. I do have a plug tester (and the plugs are showing color) but not a gap tester, so I will get one. My wife runs up to the area where Autozone is located and she does so almost every day - our closest Autozone is 45 minutes away. I just called the local parts place only 20 minutes away and they don't have any in stock. "COVID inventory problems". Okay.

Anyhow, I'll get back to you, and thanks...

Jason
Bandon, Oregon

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]