Re: Belt Adjusting Arm (Part # 8N-10145)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Lovejoy on June 28, 2020 at 09:17:26 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Belt Adjusting Arm (Part # 8N-10145) posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 28, 2020 at 05:23:17:

Thanks Tim for your speedy response with pictures and the generous offer of the OEM arm. When the tractor was purchased, it was in a serious state of disrepair. In this case, the arm was attached to the generator support bracket as pictured by your black generator and the arm's other end was not aligned with any bolt but lodged against the governor housing. The arm I have measures 3/16" thick, 3/4" wide, 2.75" long and with bolt holes spaced at 2" center to center. If this is not the OEM arm, then "yes" I'd like to get one from you.

About mounting the arm. 1) Presently, the arm is not long enough to attach to a governor housing bolt. 2) The only governor bolt that might accommodate the arm is 1 & 5/16" long. 3) The head of this governor housing bolt screws in from the radiator side of the housing and just 2 to 3 threads exit from the carburetor side and there is no nut. 4) The belt is 46.5" long.

I could likely overcome 1) if the belt was shortened so what are the correct dimensions for the belt please? (Manuals I have read just say "V belt.") 2) What is the correct length of the OEM governor bolt that should be used to attach the arm? I'll presume it must account for a nut and washer in addition to the thickness of the arm.) 3) Should that governor bolt screw in from the radiator side or from the carburetor side? 4) I'm concerned that the arm will ultimately damage the threads of the governor bolt and later the governor housing itself will become damaged when that bolt with bunged-up threads is later removed.

Cheers,
Jim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]