Re: More power, cleaner air, and better fuel efficiency?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on May 26, 2020 at 13:57:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: More power, cleaner air, and better fuel efficiency? posted by Gaspump on May 26, 2020 at 12:58:07:

When I was a kid back in high school (many decades ago :-) there was a fellow going around giving lectures and selling plans to build high mileage carburetors.

Later in technical school, same thing happened, and this time I was able to talk to some of the folks from the classes and what their results were.

Everyone else told me that it was impossible, giving lots of reasons why things were the way they were, but that didn't exactly square with results of people's experiments.

I quickly decided that the only way to sort out the lairs and really know for sure, was to verify something yourself. Then I found out it was considerably more complicated than that!

After two fires & one explosion, I finally had a carburetor that worked exactly as well as those commercially available through manufacturers.

My conclusion was, developing and experimenting was not for the faint of heart, most people will give up well before they ever achieve any useful results (as I had done), before all avenues worth exploring were exhausted.

I didn't consider my efforts a failure, but a learning experience. I'm not convinced high mileage hasn't been accomplished or is impossible, but I am quite convinced that it's not an easy thing to achieve, and requires more perseverance and expense than I or most others perceive.

From what I've observed, most people (outside of their specific job accomplishments), largely make retail purchases, and if something's not on store shelves, imho they're not up for making things otherwise happen, so I conclude those who feel threatened by advances in technology's disrupting their business models, need have little to fear from "Joe Lunch Pail".

Since I like to tinker and experiment, I'll always be modding and trying new things, and who knows? Might eventually succeed in replicating something worthwhile, but would letting other people know of success be a good idea? I suppose we could ask the "Men in Black"? lol :-)

MIBs: Make it, use it on the QT, don't let anybody know about what you're doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGezzQBAF9U

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]