Staying home is fun work-some tractor stuff, some OT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on May 25, 2020 at 09:01:00 [URL] [DELETE] :

My son and I have worked on his NAA Jube for a couple of weeks, replacing the transmission with one containing a Hupp combo aux. and completely rebuilding the front engine componants and front axle. We are preping for installing a loader.
That came to a halt while we waited for some parts. USPS taking 2 weeks for 2 day express.
Meantime, we stripped the deck boards off of my 45 year old tandem axle 10,000gvw trailer. The boards basically lifted off as the screws had wallowed out the wood over the years.
While there it seemded like a good time to replace the old lights with LEDs. All wired and no lights. Turned out a 20A fuse in my truck had blown. I now have spare fuses in the glove box.
I checked the PO tracking from Just8Ns. Parts are in. I could go get them today but we won't be working on anything today. Son is a Proud Marine (1984-1997) and we honor the Memorial Day.
He is laid-off from his job at least until June 4, so we should be able to finish 2 projects and I will be able to haul his tractor the 22 miles to his house.
During all of this, I had my 17 year old granddaughter build a 36" diameter firepit in the back yard. I have been nursing a sore back so all I could do was guide her. She did a remarkable job and we enjoyed our first fire last night. She, her boyfriend, her sister and mother joined me for a quiet evening. It was so nice last night I stayed out over an hour past my usual time.
Everyone be safe and enjoy the holiday to remember our fallen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]