8N oil pump issue

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Russ Moser on May 12, 2020 at 20:36:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

My 52 8N will not have any oil pressure when started after not being used for a few days. I have checked the pick-up and it is solid. When I prime it by squirting oil in the pressure spring hole on the front of the engine it comes up right away and is fine from then on, as long as it doesn't sit too long before the next start. This priming has never failed to work and I've done it many times. The tractor has a lot of other issues but I think I could handle most of them or live with them. I decided a while back that I would always have an 8N because I really like the size and style. I really don't do much with it-it's mostly just a toy. I don't care if it doesn't look pretty or if everything works perfectly. However, I want it to start up and go when I jump on. This oil pump business is unacceptable. What I don't want to even attempt is anything inside the engine. My question is if I have someone remove the oil pump and rebuild it or I have it rebuilt, is it possible/likely they will say they can't just put it back together and it needs a complete rebuild? I'm looking at one with a rebuilt engine that's all painted up but it's expensive. I'm wondering if there is a cheaper way to go like doing the oil pump only. Is that possible?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]