Re: Governor cap

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jock(OR) on May 11, 2020 at 00:21:10 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Governor cap posted by Jessie Peterson on May 09, 2020 at 07:53:28:

It is properly called a tachometer drive cap (or cover), and is the same size and threads as the older speedometer drives. Years ago I had some that were WWII surplus from Continental aircraft engines. That supply has dried up now.

In the short run, use a "Cap plug", which is a red plastic cone with a flange on it. They are available in all sorts of sizes, and are tapered inside and out. Find one that the internal taper will slip onto your tachometer drive threads.

I believe the aircraft caps are still available, but the price is over $20.00!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]