Re: Ford Jubilee Hydraulic Options

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gerry McLellan on May 10, 2020 at 07:07:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Ford Jubilee Hydraulic Options posted by TheOldHokie on May 09, 2020 at 08:59:12:

Good Morning Dan,

Did a brief skim read of your site and Love what you are and have been up to!

As I said in my brief post yesterday, Kirk Witte shared your Hydraulic Remote Fix/Update Fabrication on one of the Facebook Pages I follow for advice, inspiration and ideas while I work on restoring my 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee with the help of my friend and neighbour Ben Hodi.

Previously I had read that there were design flaws in the original Vane Pumps which were replaced when taken in for repair. I see from visiting your website Windy Hill Farms that you have come up with a “work around” for that as well!

We have got the “Old Girl” [whom I refer to as Jubee] running and are slowly going through the process of checking the mechanicals between “chasing other squirrels” and getting the routine chores done in these strong Covid-19 times.

Context:- I am on a small lot [under 2 acres] and this is not my first rodeo as I restored my 1953 Mercury M100 truck back in the late 90’s with help from friends and have enjoyed her ever since. I like to tinker too!

While the old Hydraulic pump seems to be working and I usually adhere to the old saw -If it ain’t broke, Don’t fix it! ; there are times when a little preventative maintenance and forward thinking is in order.
I am new to country life as we moved out of the city back in 2016 but I can force the desire for the hydraulic remotes in my future.

Questions:-

* What would it cost to replace the Old Vane Pump with your unit AND order your remote unit as well?

* Do you include illustrated instructions with your kits?

Gerry McLellan
Clear Creek, ON
N0E 1C0

Cell#:- 226-931-9507 Res.#:- 519-875-2297

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]