Re: Gasoline suggestions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on April 29, 2020 at 20:01:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Gasoline suggestions? posted by Gary in GA on April 27, 2020 at 10:15:37:

I've never used anything but regular pump gas in my tractors, side-by-side, chainsaw or lawnmower. I used to put Stabil in the generator since that one can get ignored easier than anything else. I lost that habit several years ago, so by now the generator just has pump gas in it. It has been many years since anything has had any type of fuel problem. I think early problems I had when pump gas first changed to "contains 10% ethanol" were caused by all the deposits the ethanol cleaned out of my tanks. I did have to replace the fuel lines on my chainsaw. The original plastic fuel system parts were not ethanol resistant. The replacement stuff apparently was. Any of my equipment might sit as much as 3 months between uses, certainly the generator does. The lawnmower fired the first time this season almost before I got the key turned. If I did have a problem with fuel quality, I'd be more likely to suspect the place I last bought fuel from. A supplier nearby had a problem with his tanks a few years ago. They found out mixing regular gas with diesel doesn't work well in any engine. Their insurance company wasn't happy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]