Re: 8N quick-disconnect loader planning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 12, 2020 at 06:54:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N quick-disconnect loader planning posted by Ultradog MN on April 12, 2020 at 05:36:45:

I appreciate your advice.

When I was deciding what tractor to purchase, it was a balancing act between simplicity, parts availability, cost, ease of maintenance and capabilities.

I went through the process of looking at tractors such as you've described, and I realized that bang for the buck, a newer tractor with more improvements would provide greater utility for my purposes than Ford 8N tractor that I liked and admired.

I often times give myself excellent advice, and then seldom end up following it lol :-)

So naturally, I ended up choosing Ford 8N tractor that I've long-time appreciated, admired, and wanted.

That's the advantage of being an old curmudgeon, bachelor-type country boy: nobody to please but myself, and doing what I please.

Anybody sees this Ford 8N tractor when I've got it where I want, with all the modifications and improvements, will realize that it would have cost far less time, energy & effort to have bought newer tractor already having these features.

What is the fun in that? No R&D, no fabrication, no experimentation, no trying out different ideas to see how they work out.

There's another way to look at cost involved:

Entertainment value creating and building = more expensive than purchasing a more sophisticated/capable tractor.

The look on someone's face when they see my creation, and their logic says "But, but it's better to... why don't ... why didn't ... I would've ... = priceless. :-D,

Yep, that would about describe me! I'm an old curmudgeon lol :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]