Re: 8N quick-disconnect loader planning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 11, 2020 at 12:08:11 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N quick-disconnect loader planning posted by TheOldHokie on April 11, 2020 at 09:23:30:

Safety is doubtless rule number one. I'm glad your hand recovered. That was quick thinking working with your son coaching him to get you freed.

I'm usually working solo with my dog "supervising," but I don't think she would be very much help if I got into trouble. Not the most cooperative critter in the world, that's how she got her name "Cookie" lol.

When I first brought her home from rescue shelter, she would only come to you for a piece of cookie, so when you said "cookie" that's when she came, and that's how Cookie named herself. :-) I've got a "Cookie," not a Lassie! lol

I like the notion you've mentioned of having live PTO coming from front of tractor, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Some of the unforeseen circumstances dealing with aftermarket front-mounted bumper's interference fit with FEL frame has got me consterned for now; one of several conundrums I'll have to puzzle my way through :-) Fun! Fun! lol

Thanks for the picture, I like the idea of a one-pin retainer. Rather than jack stands or something which could potentially slip/break/fail, I'm contemplating stand legs, that would be removed from loader once FEL was hooked up.

My quick-disconnect concept is based upon a pickup camper's mechanical, corner-leveling jacks: when jack is in position, spring-loaded plunger drops into detent, locking camper jack in place.

I'm picturing it happening this way:

1. FEL frame has been modified, mounting plate that goes on axle has "funnel mouth" & spring loaded detent plunger (think like a door latch) and a retention cross-pin (secured once plunger is in place) for safety. End of FEL frame, where frame needs to insert into axle-mounted quick-disconnect receptacle, has a protruding plug with holes matching up for receptacle's retaining pin & plunger.

2. FEL frame is held in place for mounting by it's removable stand-legs. Tractor drives up to FEL frame and protruding plug enters axel receptacles, where plunger locks FEL frame into quick connect, & safety-retaining pin is inserted (hitch pin secures safety pin).

3. Remainder of FEL connections I've got ideas/concepts that will depend upon how things "match up," when I get to that portion of FEL quick-disconnect project.

I have yet to design quick detach for FEL bucket, but I have perused some DIY videos (see URL), and I'm inclined favoring multiple-use bucket concept:

https://youtu.be/jauUkLrF9Nc?t=70

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]