Re: Pie wheel weights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 07, 2020 at 14:08:01 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Pie wheel weights posted by JK-NY on April 07, 2020 at 12:39:08:

All very valid points you bring up.

Keeping cost affordable, if possible (otherwise, if cost is no object, I'd just follow Tim's sage advice & go for sugar-extracted-beet-juice Rim Guard), in league with calcium chloride or water cost, largely equates to repurposing recyclable items, like used oil/antifreeze, & whatever has desired properties in combination and can be made to do job intended.

Here would require MacGyver-ish experimentation, as anti-freeze, which is supposed to be non corrosive, does electrolize as it gets older.

I doubt anyone's going to get everything that they want in a bottom-dollar work-around, but you can come up with a doable over-all compromise solution.

Used anti-freeze is available, as is used oil, which ought to retain enough helpful properties (anti-corrosion, low freezing point, dense weight per unit volume, etc), while keeping costs as low as possible. This is a starting point for trial-and-error experimentation. "Necessity is the Mother of invention."

Unfortunately, antifreeze/oil mixture is flammable and toxic; illustrating difficulties having everything in one economically-affordable-package, without having some downsides.

I'm sure there's folks out there who've used all kinds of things, and they may want to offer opinion on what they believe works best for them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]