Advice on centre housing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 24, 2020 at 10:11:51 [URL] [DELETE] :

I was close to getting my parts down to get the tractor running again. However, due to the whole covid-19 situation my friend has stated they will not be coming down any time soon; New Jersey is on restricted travel. Therefore, I have decided to see about putting the tractor back together temporary so I can use it while I have to wait. I repaired the differential using some used parts that were not in the best of shape; they didn't cost me anything. I still intend on doing a proper repair job but it will probably be in the fall before the parts come down. Murphy's law is really hitting me hard on this. The centre housing had a cracked section where the front pinion bearing fits. It is loose but I can't pull it out by hand. I was thinking of just knocking it out just so that I know it couldn't fall out into the pinion and ring gear at some point. Keep in mind that I was using the tractor before with all this damage. Some of the bearing race (is that the correct term?) is still there. My question is what does everyone think about this? I don't have any equipment to do any sort of brazing work. Do you think it will be OK to use the tractor with only part of the front pinion bearing supported?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]