Re: starter question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on March 23, 2020 at 08:27:41 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: starter question posted by Darwin on March 22, 2020 at 22:44:15:

I concur with the others Ėno need to waste money on a 12V starter. Itís your tractor and you can do whatever you want to it, but Iíd spend my money in a more practical and efficient way. I do have to ask why you think you need 12V? Nothing wrong with 12V if itís done for all the right reasons but just switching out because you canít get your 6V system working is not logical. Know that 99% of all non-starting tractors are due to incorrect wiring whether if 6V or 12V. get a copy from our HOW-TOíS/ELECTRICAL Forum for ďWIRNG PICTOGRAMS BY JMORĒ as he has all the correct wiring diagrams laid out with pictures. Download a copy to your PC for reference. You will need Adobe but itís free. Follow it and take no shortcuts. You don't say if you have an early 8N with the front mount distributor or the later model with the angle (side) mount distributor so here's both -hope this helps...

CORRECT FORD 8N ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS - 6V & 12V:

FORD 8N TRACTOR WIRING DIAGRAMS:

8N 12V SWITCHOVER ON THE ANGLE (SIDE) MOUNT DISTRIBUTOR:

*PICTOGRAM courtesy of JMOR

OEM 8N WIRING(6V/POS GRN) AFTER S/N 8N-263844 WITH ANGLE (SIDE) MOUNT DISTRIBUTOR:

FRONT MT 12V:

*PICTOGRAM courtesy of JMOR

FORD 8N TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]