Re: Kingpin no crank hole

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on March 16, 2020 at 12:10:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Kingpin no crank hole posted by TheOldHokie on March 16, 2020 at 09:15:37:

I thrive on this sort of challenge :-) More fun than doing puzzles, & satisfying results too. If it's possible to take my Dearborn FEL and adapt it to quick release, I'll find a way. I've already some basic mechanisms/principles in mind:

My FEL hooks onto 8N's fender mounting hardware (Fenders then move to mount on FEL's mounting bracket). Cutting tubing at FEL Fender mounting bracket & welding in pipe stub (sized to fit inside FEL tubing) allows for "quick change" detaching this part of FEL from back of tractor (if you wanted fancy, pins are quicker to change-out than bolts).

Once back of FEL was released from wheel mounts, you would need some sort of fold down support leg to hold this weight, once released. This isn't rocket science, a bolt and bracket (with a place to stow legs) will suffice. It'd be able to adjust, by raising/lowering bucket and/or rocking tractor forward or backwards to get the exact right height-fitment. No cranes, Hydraulics or fancy anything required with this setup. It's all cheap-cheap-cheap and simple as you can make it.

Now as to how to make the front of FAL quick detach: I have a substantial, aftermarket add-on bumper protector, that is massively overbuilt to the point where it's stronger than the tractor itself. Bumper will be where I fabricate adapter (sounds better than homemade lol) which will connect between Dearborn's FEL factory mounting and massively overbuilt bumper. Anything the tractor itself could withstand, bumper can easily handle. When I get some pictures, you'll be able to intuitively get a feel for how this could easily work out. What could possibly go wrong? (everything was so simple/easy in build video) lol ;'-D

So how do we get front to come loose of the bumper? For our quick-detach scenario, bucket is tilted down touching ground, pushing up and taking weight off bracket/bumper. Bolts, pins or what-have-you, then get removed (freeing FEL), & tractor is backed up & ready for the next job.

I previously posted tutorial how one Homesteader goes step-by-step through converting his FEL into quick-detachable bucket (then can change out for other implements like a grappler). Method used is similar to Bobcat's skid steer mechanism).

Bada-Bing, Bada-Bang! Bada-Boom! Poor Man's quick detachable FEL.

A little paint (if your humor's devious, also add some silly Logo lol) AND local "Peanut Gallery" will eat it up, wanting to know where they can purchase theirs. Think I'll steer "Gallery" towards "Acme." Beep-Beep! ;-) That's all folks ...

"Why, I don't think they make these anymore, not so much since maybe '50s. They're rarer than hen's teeth, you'd probably'll have to get one custom-built if you wanted it." ROFLOL :-D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]