Re: Jubilee Working Restoration

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 04, 2020 at 05:45:08 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Jubilee Working Restoration posted by JR in AR on February 03, 2020 at 18:11:19:

TISCO PAINT is supplied by the VAN SICKLE MFG CO. It is an Alkyd Oil-Based Formula and is a good choice for projects. In 2003 I restored my early 8N and used TISCO paints for the job. Ten years later this is how it still looks ĖSEE PICTURE. It was stored indoors most of the time but had parked it fully tarped outside for a few years when I moved. I have a few suggestions for you. The best close-to-original shade isnít any of the FORD listed numbers; it is the IHC RED TP-110 p/n. ALL the FORD shades are too orangey and the TP-110 is the closest match to the OEM VERMILLION as you will get. The TISCO FORD MEDIUM GREY also comes close to the OEM FORD M-13243 as well. I painted all the red with brushes at first then after dried, went over with rattle cans to touch up and get brush marks out if any. For the sheet metal I took the hood, fenders, doglegs, grille, front rims, and rear center discs to a good local auto bump shop and they blasted, primed, and painted them for me ĖI supplied the TISCO paint. I didnít have the proper spray equipment do it myself but I found the cost very reasonable at the bump shop. It will do a much better job than trying to do it all yourself with rattle cans. I know some also use a hardener with a ultra-violet protectant but Iím skeptical on the latter. Your tractor, your $$$, your call.

TISCO IHC RED TP-110 Ė BY VAN SICKLE PAINT MFG CO:

EARLY 1948 FORD 8N RESTORED IN 2003 WITH TISCO/VAN SICKLE PAINT, TEN YEARS LATER ĖTIM DALEY OWNER/OPERATOR:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]