Re: 8n hydraulic cover/seat mount location

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on January 30, 2020 at 09:19:01 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8n hydraulic cover/seat mount location posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 30, 2020 at 06:49:14:

Tim,
Thank you for the detailed response and information/instructions. Fortunately, I do have the proper tools with the exception of the magnetic drill. I have a set of ez-outs in straight and spiraled flues along with left spiral cobalt bits. I feel pretty good about centering the initial pilot hole with a punch to begin the process even without a magnetic drill. My biggest concern, as with most "issues" that seem to plague our 70 year old tractor, is how far (correct repair or not) did the previous owner(s) go with their attempted repairs. With the damage that I see to the mounting face, it would appear that the tractor saw one or more unsuccessful attempts to repair. The other spring mounting stud has been replaced with a bolt so I'll remove it and replace it as well now knowing the proper hardware for the spring mounting. Having read dozens and dozens of forum topics, it never ceases to amaze me how our tractors have been "franken-tractored" over the years and I suspect ours is no different. I appreciate that our previous generations used what they had on hand to make repairs, and it is a testament to the original design that these tractors are still working for so many. I'll keep you posted as I get into the project and let you know how it goes. I'll take some pics for y'all as well so that you can see what transpired. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]