Re: Charging system 51 8N 6V +Gnd

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clarke on January 15, 2020 at 20:40:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Charging system 51 8N 6V +Gnd posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 13, 2020 at 08:24:55:

Tim and Bob,

I'm confused about the A-circuit/B-circuit distinction. I have just now gained access to the VR and its cover says "A-Circuit". It looks like the ones in Timís ďreplacement regĒ pics. The generator puts out enough to boil the battery over. And it looks like the ones I've seen illustrated as proper for the later 8Nís.

If Iíve got a B-circuit generator with an A-circuit regulator, would that not explain the systemís inability to charge properly? But if I do have an A-circuit generator and regulator and the regulator has been adjusted improperly by the Alternator shop guy, maybe someone on here could tell me how to adjust

I don't think I'm competent to follow the intricacies of the circuits and how they are supposed to function in principle. I would love to have a charging system that charges properly. I think I could bend the points closer or further and tighten-loosen the springs if I knew how to do this. (Being near 80 with Rheumatoid Arthritis, it is impossible for me to work inside the VR with the hood on.)

Thanks for any further help.

Clarke

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]