Re: 10-153 Plow Jointer and Arm?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 30, 2019 at 07:52:55 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 10-153 Plow Jointer and Arm? posted by John Cinkoske on December 29, 2019 at 14:39:38:

Dearborn & Ford Tractors are no longer in business but some parts are still available. The coulters and jointers are not ones made any longer. The early Ferguson-Sherman and Dearborn Moldboard(Prior Model)Plows used the same jointer arms and I don't think there are any part numbers cast on them. Even if there were p/n's nobody makes new repops now so no way to reference. I will have to look when I get over to the farm next week. The early ones have a different hole spread than the later Dearborn Economy Plows of which your 153 is one and early won't interchange with later. Coulters and Jointers are not necessary order to plow with but look cool on a show tractor with plow setup. Early coulters also needed a check chain on the arm but the Economy Plows did not require the check chain due to the revamped coulter design. It matters what style coulter you have because plows were sold with coulters and jointers as options - they were never included with the plow -so some dealers sold older parts for their Economy Plows. Do you need the palm and Jointer blade too? Can you post or email me pictures and I can tell which style you need. Like I said I will be over at the farm next week so can check my inventory then, weather permitting. My email is open.

DEARBORN MOLDBOARD (PRIOR MODEL) PLOW, USED 47-50:

DEARBORN ECONOMY PLOW, USED 50-53*:

*In ’53 Dearborn Motors was dissolved and then merged and became Ford Tractor & Implement Division. All models and parts were the same only now carried the FORD logo on the ID Tags.

The good news for those wanting to restore a plow for use is that major wear parts like moldboards, shares, shins, and frogs are still available. PLOWORX™ has recently introduced the early Ferguson-Sherman and Dearborn Prior Model points.
Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]