Jubilee

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JR in AR on December 29, 2019 at 23:21:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but I have a new topic to research. I have been had a 2-N that I have had for about 17 years and have done a lot of work with it. Today I was offered a gift of a Jubilee. It does come with some issues. It ran when the owner acquired it, but it was smoking. He said it would need an engine rebuild. It is also going to need new rubber on all four wheels, and has the remnants of a blue paint job. It still looks like it is all complete. The one exception is that the original hood was damaged at some point and was traded for the hood from a 600. The present owner is a Minneapolis Moline guy, and has restored four of them plus a couple of John Deere Tractors, so I trust his judgement there.

I am trying to figure out right now if it will have sleeves to replace (what appears to be the case) or if I am looking at having a bore job done. My dad who is 84 did several engine rebuilds, but they were all before I was born. All are still running though, and I am 43 so he knew what he was doing. This is a new experience for me.

I have wanted a Jube for a while and am excited about the added horsepower. I am just not real sure what I am getting into. I will post pictures when I get it home.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]