Another 641 fuel valve replacement

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike in Michigan on December 22, 2019 at 21:40:55 [URL] [DELETE] :

My 641 leaking profusely from fuel tank valve (first time). Read a lot of history on this and other sites. There's no way I can remove that valve with everything in place as others have stated. Can't get flare wrench on and cant turn the screws that connect the valve to the tank. So it looks like I have to remove the hood and fuel tank. I've read where some say its a one man job - others two.
Any gotcha's in removing the hood and fuel tank?

Now on to the replacement strategy. First, I was looking at replacing the o-rings with viton. Second I wanted to run my own homemade line and use a separate shutoff more convenient near the bowl and just leave the valve open at two turns. Unfortunately someone had posted a how-to on this with pics but the pics are no longer there. I haven't decided on the shut off type - typical setup as others using the shutoff between to strips of rubber hose.
I see that NiCopp tubing is more flexible than steel. Does anyone have experience using this for fuel line? And, you can buy pre-made finished lines with a fitting and flanged. Is there any specific threading to look for if I go this route or is all brake and fuel standardized?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]