follow up hydraulic issue Ford 600

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon Calder on December 16, 2019 at 08:01:49 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: hydraulic issue Ford 600 posted by Jon Calder on December 02, 2019 at 14:44:53:

Good morning All,
I can't Thank You enough for the help and support- I'm getting there here's what I've found so far (random not in any order of importance):
- I have a Tisco kit and a CNH single top cover gasket (the big one) and the CNH/Ford gasket is a lot more substantial (rubbery vs paper). Not complaing just observation for anyone else thinking of attempting this.
- The cam follower pin is about 50% worn thru. Have not removed/replaced yet not enough hands waiting for a helper.
- Some rust in area of draft control fork and spring.
Here's the big question I haven't got my head around this yet and need suggestions or advice, The unloader valve was stuck big time. I have the video DVD on NAA, Jube and Hundred series hydraulics. I almost think they skipped a step.
In the dvd they pushed the unloader valve out thru the bushing with the nipple on it.
Easy.
My valve would not push thru the bushing. I "tapped" pretty hard.
My bushing with the exposed protruding nipple is internally threaded. I put a bolt into it and tried to jack it out and was simply pulling out the threads so stopped that approach.
It came out by pounding thru the valve body (part of the cylinder casting as you know) all the way thru. Remarkably it doesn't appear damaged.
The valve then came apart (from the bushing) with PB Blaster and persuasion. It had carbon build up on all the spools. I suspect the internal seating area is the same.
The interesting part- everyone here told me DO NOT USE ANY GOOP when re-assembling.
I found gasket NCA901B missing (item 14 in the on-line CNH parts catalog) and that cover sealed with goop. I "think" the face of the valve on that end got some goop on it and stuck probably soon after whoever re-assembled last. Since it couldn't move it got "more stuck".

Does that sound logical?
Is the gasket in question part of the Tisco kit or should I get one from CNH (or Just8N's?)?

This issue driving me nuts. The pin holding the 3 point rocker on the rear end is frozen. Somebody pounded a 1 1/16 pin into a 1 inch hole. I'm going to try to cut it with a hacksaw after spending a whole day on it. Got it to turn in place but not out.

Broke a wrench on the drain plugs but got them all out. There's a noticeable amount of rust sludge in the hyd sump to remove.

Sorry for long winded but I need the advice/help/support.
Thanks again!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]