Re: hydraulic issue Ford 600

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 03, 2019 at 11:13:56 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: hydraulic issue Ford 600 posted by Jon Calder on December 03, 2019 at 08:22:46:

Try performing the leak test first. Most hydraulic pump parts are the same from 39-64 or 48-64 and the cam follower pin shows for 48-54. I'd call them or Derek Barkley at JUST8NS and ask if the same for the 600. P/N 374072-S at Carpenter and JUST8Ns, $10.95. I'd advise to get the top cover off and inspect everything first before buying. The 600/800 has a larger (3") piston and cylinder than the NAA. The NAA and up piston has the rubber 'O-RING' and leather backup wiper. BTW they work on the earlier 9N, 2N, and 8N cylinder as well- a much better design. I'd also advise that since you are removing the top cover anyway to plan on total system cleaning and rebuild if needed. You will want to get a new cylinder and gasket kit. Some try to hone or bore out the cylinder but I don't recommend that. It's like putting a band-aid on a 6" knife wound. You don't want to do the job a second time do you? It isn't a difficult job, just time consuming. Finally, the best investment you can make for your Ford Tractor is to get copies of the essential manuals for your shop and library. The OEM Owner/Operator manual 600-800; the Clymer/I&T FO-20 Manual; and the 53-59 MPC are important to have. Some parts are standard TISCO ones. CNH isn't my first choice and will be the most expensive of all. Them and STEINERS. Everyone else buys from TISCO or Carpenter and sells to them. Your call, your tractor, your money.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]