hydraulic issue Ford 600

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon Calder on December 02, 2019 at 14:44:53 [URL] [DELETE] :

Good afternoon,
With lots of help from this board I'm getting close to complete. Spent Sunday plowing snow (14 inches in Penobscot area of Maine) and since this is the first time I've had everything together I noticed one last (for now) issue.
First thing I should say is my machine is a 620 so I think was shipped by Ford without hydraulics and PTO. However it has now, just mention that because someone installed afterwards.
When I operate touch control UP to limit of travel (beyond assembly that holds the quadrant together) the implement (in this case a blade) will lift about an inch or two.
If I reach under the seat and push the draft control lever fully up and past its detent (vertical position)
the lift will smoothly come up to full height without a problem. The draft control lever has to be held up (past the detent/stop) for the lift to stay up (it will fairly quickly drop).
As you can imagine its a PIA to plow very long this way.
The oil is bright and clean looking, the machine has been kept under cover for as long as I know its history and it is in general remarkable good shape.
I'm hoping its simply an adjustment?
I read all the available tips in the "how to"; sent for the video DVD and will read the manual section (which I have) when I get back to it (its in eastern Maine, I'm in southern end of State working).
After watching youtube videos I'm less intimidated but need as much guidance as I can get.
Ordered cover plate gasket set today.
What is opinions? Could be adjustment? Something leaking?
Many Thanks !!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]