Re: Electrical

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 26, 2019 at 13:30:49 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Electrical posted by K.LaRue-VA on November 26, 2019 at 07:50:33:

Hey Jesse-
An NTC post today about jumping a 6V from a 12V - I just wanted to be sure I have this right about jumping a 9N or 2N model with no solenoid…

Hey Kevin-
Yeah, I do it the other way too- jumper the solenoid first, touch metal like the running board second as it will spark. Then don't hold it for more than 10 second if it won't start. I didn't want to say this because I believe he has another issue with incorrect wiring and suggested he verify the system out before applying any power at all. He needs to check for spark and check for fuel flow then assess where to begin. We haven't heard from Dan so still don't know if it is a 9N/2N or an 8N or whatever. Jump starting a 6V/POS GRN 9N/2N starter with the 1-wire connection -the 9N/2N starter motor has no solenoid we know -and your car/truck 12V battery is like this: Source battery/vehicle OFF; tractor in NEUTRAL; connect the NEG (black usually) jumper cable from source battery to the starter motor single wire stud terminal; connect the POS (RED usually) jumper cable to the source battery. Ensure the tractor is in NEUTRAL and place the POS (RED) loose jumper clear of any tractor metal. Start your car or truck. Stand clear of tractor incase it jumps into gear or isn't in neutral when started. Apply the loose POS (RED)jumper clip to a metal part of the tractor but not near the battery. I use the seat or center housing. Touch metal and it should start. Some folks think the roundcan cutout on the 9N/2N tractor is the starter solenoid and they'd be wrong. If you attach the cutout to the 12V battery jumper it will short it out.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]