Re: Torque Value Hydraulic Pump Bolts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 21, 2019 at 14:27:28 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Torque Value Hydraulic Pump Bolts posted by Gregg on November 21, 2019 at 13:13:05:

HiYa Gregg-
First, torque is calculated by fastener size and material, not the material it is fastened to or with. Next, the I&T FO-4 Manual (and any others) vary with page numbers depending on which version you have. My Page 99 also has the info as stated - 53-60 ft/lbs for the bolt retaining cap screws. Here is my page 99 scan. If you can't read it, save it to your PC and magnify. Many folks don't understand torque. There are several different values: in/oz; in/lbs; ft/lbs; Newton Meters; and Newton-Kilograms. You need to know what your wrench scale is set at and how to convert if needed. Torque is correctly achieved in three steps. Take absolute value required, and divide by 3. First step at lowest value, 2nd step at mid value, and final setting at required value. Use the proper sequence for each step. Always turn ratchet thimble in the forward direction, starting a few turns below setting and increase to the required setting, then lock in. Do not go beyond and try to reverse setting without going back a few turns -this takes out any backlash in the lead screw. Never use a torque wrench for loosening a fastener. FORD Part Number for the pump to center housing is 355693-S, 7/16-14 x 1-3/8 which is equivalent to a standard Grade 7 steel bolt.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]