Re: M/S carbs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 30, 2019 at 05:12:56 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: M/S carbs posted by Jim on October 29, 2019 at 18:12:58:

All this info is listed on the LINK I gave you yesterday from our HOW-TO’s forum but here goes again:

Ford N-Series Tractor Carburetors:
p/n 9N-9510, Marvel-Schebler TSX-33, used ’39-‘49

p/n 2N-9510, Marvel-Schebler TSC-38, late ’42 – early ’43, Industrial & 2N ‘Warhorse’ models. Identical to the TSX-33 model except it had the double throw choke lever.

p/n 8N-9510, Marvel-Schebler TSX-241, used ’49 thru s/n 8N-276115, April, 1950.

p/n 8N-9510-A, Marvel-Schebler TSX-241A, used April, 1950 thru s/n 8N-313112, approximately June, 1950.

p/n 8N-9510-B, Marvel-Schebler TSX-241B, used June, 1950 thru early 1952. Added Econo-Jet.

p/n 8N-9510-C, Marvel-Schebler TSX-241C, used thru the end of 8N production, September, 1952. The TSX-241C was a cheaper version of the TSX-241B as it eliminated the Econo-Jet. The TSX-214C would supersede all other models when serviced.

If not striving for originality, it’s a moot point I’ve used the TSX-33 and TSX-241 units on my tractors and all have performed just fine. All TISCO carb kits are geared for the TSX-241C, designated for use from ’39-’52, with the Econo-Jet included so if you have one, you can replace it. The TSX-241 basically updated the hardware from the TSX-33 model to the new style brass Main Jet Adjustment Screw used today, and the Throttle Adjust Screw was changed to the brass slotted screwdriver type as the old style was a 10-32 Thumbscrew and was changed (I believe) due to guys getting burnt hands from adjusting with a hot unit. The M/S brass ID TAG should be able to ID the unit by the manufacturing date code stamped on it with the model number as well. That being said, I’ve never run across an ID TAG with the TSX-241-C stamp code. If your carb isn't cast recessed on the top half flange with the MARVEL SCHEBLER logo name or, on the earlier bottom half with the cast raised name & logo, it could be a Zenith carb or an aftermarket unit. Early M/S carbs had the TSX-33 or TSX-38 models number in cast recessed characters and numbers on the standard ping-pong paddle boss until the early 8N units which had now with some as the revamped brass riveted ID TAG stamp.

OEM MARVEL-SCHEBLER TSX-241B, FORD p/n 8N-9510B, RESTORED/REBUILT:

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]