Re: Mounting a loaded tire-one man job

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 23, 2019 at 14:54:39 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Mounting a loaded tire-one man job posted by Dave (CO) on October 23, 2019 at 12:43:40:

Are we assuming you're talking about an N Tractor? You can go thru all that extra work and acquiring al this extra parts - pipes, cardboard, et al, if you prefer, do what you want, it's your machine. However, when I change out tires and wheels, I use a Dearborn Tractor Jack. It's the best tool invented since sliced bread. Non-OSHA approved, they were never around in the day thank God, but every N owner should have one IMHO. A lone person can change out all 4 wheels by himself using one of these in less than an hour. ADIVICE: Always keep your feet clear of getting trapped underfoot and always keep pinch points of all limbs free in case needed. Keep ignition key near in case of quick shut down, quadrant lift close, and start button close to bump on if needed. Once you raise the lift, shut down engine. If your hydraulics are weak, the lift may slowly drop. Simply bump the starter button NO KEY, no need to start the tractor, it will raise back up to where it was set. Loaded tires can be heavy so caution advised rolling around. For tools, for the rears, I only need a 1-1/16" 6-PT socket & wrench and a 3' cheater bar, for the fronts, a standard 11/16" socket with the breaker bar is needed. To each his own, so your mileage may vary...

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]