Re: Ford 8 N 1949

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) USA on October 11, 2019 at 03:59:33 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Ford 8 N 1949 posted by Michael Kutschker on October 10, 2019 at 23:36:11:

Ah, Guten Morgen, Kapitan! Yer papers please! How did an 8N get to Germany? A recent import? There are/were no papers, no registration required for tractors. In the USA, when you purchased a new Ford tractor, you filled out a form at the dealership. They kept records for so many years but now most of those records are long gone as dealers folded and Ford tractor folded. Some states required a license plate & registration if the tractor was to be used on main highways, but most states did not require them. Plus, those records are long gone as well. That's it. Things were different overseas as every tractor I've seen from the UK, Europe, and Australia had license plates on them. Now, a friend of mine used to buy old tractors in Canada and take them to Michigan, rebuild them and then resell them, but no paperwork was needed other than a bill of sale/receipt for purchase. After 9-1 things changed worldwide. The required paperwork now to get into the USA and Canada is ridiculous on antique vehicles. I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what a "KFZ Brief" is but will find out. Good luck.

Tim Daley(MI) USA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]