Re: Parts Purchase

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on September 29, 2019 at 10:58:46 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Parts Purchase posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 29, 2019 at 07:34:52:

You wrote: "they only sell from a bunch of suppliers who sponsor their site."

This is completely false. There are no sponsors at YT. None!

TOH said it best below:

"
With the exception of some specialty Ford licensed parts made by Dennis Carpenter these places are all selling parts from the same set of distributors. A&I, Tisco, Sparex, and Atlantic are the primary wholesale distributors. And even DC is selling a lot of items from those same distributors."

I have nothing against DC or the Barcleys, or Red Rock, Stieners, ebay, amazon or any other supplier. I hope they sell a lot of parts and prosper.

YT hosts the largest old tractor site on the entire internet. There are over 6 million posts stored there for the largest repository of old tractor knowledge in the english speaking world.
That repository includes info not only on all the old brands of tractors but also combines and harvesters, backhoes, crawlers, tractor pulling, stationary engines and implements.
That site is funded entirely by the sale of parts.
I support YT's parts department because I like the camaraderie there and and I hope to expand and maintain that repository of knowledge.
YT does not allow posts with links to sites they consider "the competion". This includes both parts sites and other forums. It has been that way for many years and I don't think they single out NTC in that regard. Links to Mytractorforum, Tractorforum, Tractorbynet and Newagtalk are also banned there.
This seems to be a prudent buisness practice IMO.
You are a regular member of that site with several Thousand posts there - to your credit.
It is Kim's house and each and every time you post you agree to abide by her guidelines.

It does seem a bit odd to me that you would enjoy and participate there whilst harboring such ill will towards them. You have made numerous posts here of your low opinion of their practices - both business and community standards wise and have even stated blatant falsehoods about them. (See above)
I think it is fair to recommend your favorite parts seller.
I don't think it is fair to dennigrate another parts supplier because of a personal animosity towards them - especially in a way that could get you banned if you did it there.
As you have said yourself (paraphrased) "Its all about the collection and dissemination of knowledge about these old tractors"
If you truely hate that place maybe you'd be happier to ignore it for a while.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]