Re: Parts Purchase

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 29, 2019 at 07:34:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Parts Purchase posted by Ultradog MN on September 27, 2019 at 04:36:55:

Dogman Jerry-

No low opinion, just a realist and stating the facts. YT tractor parts are from suppliers, not YT. Now it’s your choice who to buy from, but when I guy asks me I won’t BS him. We all want the best quality part available, but when a newbie wants to know, I will tell him the facts and let him decide. There’s nothing wrong with free enterprise and a guy trying to make a buck, but when I see what I deem as a rip-off when a seller is marking up his DC supplied parts by 20%, I’m going to say something. The whole point of these tractor boards is to help people, mostly newbies, with issues related to their ‘new’ tractor. The folks who run YT, lil’ Kimmy Pratt, doesn’t think so. Her objective is to manipulate their site as to the ONLY one that matters. She won’t allow the ‘NTC’ name or LINK to be mentioned in a post; it’s banned like a dirty word. What is she afraid of? It’s not a contest but she thinks it is. She wants only allegiance to YT and that ain’t right. Helping newbies with tractor issues should be priority #1 and if YT doesn’t have the right answer, then one should be allowed to direct you the NTC and get the right answer. You are one of the few exceptions as you too post on both boards, but many have been brainwashed, old and new members, into Kimmie’s way of thinking and won’t even go to the NTC site or give them a gander. So when a guy asks me where to get a starter motor for his 8N, I’m going to tell him my opinions. I cringe when I see a guy post, “…well, I bought a new starter from YT and now it doesn’t run…”. They just don’t know so I try and steer them right. Like I said, you can buy from whomever you want to, I just state the facts and offer better alternatives.

Respectfully,
Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]