Re: 8n oil overflows from oil filter housing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 20, 2019 at 06:32:14 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8n oil overflows from oil filter housing posted by Joe Bell on September 19, 2019 at 16:47:07:

HiYa Joe-
As Bruce and Jesse mentioned, if it isn't from an overfill or you failed to install the rubber flat gasket under the lid, then it's probably the 01A-6749 lid bolt seal has failed. The bolt seal is a fiber type material and works great. Twenty years ago when you bought a new FRAM C-3P or equivalent oil filter, you also got in the kit the large rubber flat gasket that goes under the lid and the 01A-6749 bolt lid gasket. Nowadays when you buy a new oil filter, even from CNH, you don't get that 01A-6749 bolt seal, and some don't even give you the large rubber flat gasket. I know the FRAM C-3 filter doesn't have the little handle on the top if filter to assist easier removal when you change the filter. The good news is the part is still made and sold at CNH -SEE PIX. Now some fellas may have had better luck than I using steel, copper, nylon, or plastic washers for the seal, but I never did -they always still leaked. About 16 years ago I bought a handful at my local CNH dealer and stocked up. Also good news is that first seal I bought is still on my 8N oil filter housing so they are reliable.

FORD OIL FILTER LID BOLT SEAL:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]