Re: Yoke is off

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 28, 2019 at 22:59:57 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Yoke is off posted by K.LaRue-VA on March 28, 2019 at 22:37:54:

Yes, I realise that propane is not as hot as acetylene; propane is 3,623F/1,995C. I did make sure to apply the inner flame to the yoke. I worked on this over three days figuring that heat and cooling cycles might help to free it. And I did use a penetrating oil. I would stand the lift cover up; which I had to carefully do as it is heavy even with the cylinder off, and put oil down the yoke hole. Then I would lift the opposite and try to get penetrating oil on the other side of the yoke. I also did the light tapping to vibrate hoping it would help with the penetrating oil. You are correct on the fumes; I had to be very careful so that I did not breath in any fumes when returning to applying the heat.

I said grunt in the other post but that was more of a metaphor type thing. Yes, I did apply some torque but I was careful. I will inspect tomorrow more closely. I ended up burning my finger and thumb because i took my leather gloves off and then got too close to the end of the spring that had absorb a lot of heat as well.

I noticed the rod is rather pitted as well but I don't think that is a concern.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]