Re: Draft Control Plate - Opinion Please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 28, 2019 at 21:42:38 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Draft Control Plate - Opinion Please posted by Dean on March 28, 2019 at 21:07:33:

Yes, I am aware of such; however, you have to do what you have to do sometimes. I also read that the Ford manual says to saw the rod in half to remove and replace all. I know that you have to properly make adjustments. I also read that an excessively worn draft control plate can make it difficult to get a proper adjustment. I do have some automotive experience. I have overhauled several car engines, and have rebuilt several automatic transmissions and trans-axles; first learning under Dad and later working on my own.

Maybe I should just move ahead and use my own judgment. Like on the cylinder, I am sure that the Ford Tractor division would have made the dimple as small as possible so maybe I should grind on the after-market cylinder and make it match the original; never got an answer on that. As for the plate, I wish my friend was alive. He could make one of those plates in short order, he was a machinist and had a Bridgeport mill in his basement. He made me a set of stabiliser bars one day out of some scrap stock left over from a job.

I guess I should go ahead and order a new plate considering the wear on both sides and the heavy pitting on one face. I think they are over priced but when you need something you need it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]