Re: Hydraulic Fluid Sources and Type

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry Holbrook on March 12, 2019 at 15:35:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Hydraulic Fluid Sources and Type posted by TheOldHokie on March 12, 2019 at 11:46:50:

You're right. I just got home from work and looked at the container. I used the Extreme Premium Heavy Duty. It is better suited for cold weather. You are more of an expert than I am. I'm just an old farm boy who doesn't farm anymore HA. I just looked on line at the Rural King website to see what they had and this stuff had the proper Ford Rating on it so I'd figured it would be ok. Like I said it worked great in the 8N and seems to be working ok in the 3000. Yes people could beat this thing to death for sure. I also think one thing to keep in mind most of us don't use these tractors hard like the original farmers did. When I changed my oil this fall I looked and I believe I had 14 hours on my tractor. Not much. Mowed and cleaned snow off the driveway. I just got my Operators manual out and it say to use a fluid that is rated for Ford M-2C51-A in the Manual Shift Transmission , Hydraulic System (rear axel) Oil, Steering Gear Housing (manual and power) Oil and same in the Belt Pulley. Then it goes into the Winter Blend and tells you to mix it with M-2C41-A oil for temps between +20 and -20. Well knowing we don't have to do that anymore I just bought the one that is Ford New Holland rated1209 (Hy-Tran ESN-M2C, 134A, B, C, D; M2C86B, M2C41B, M2C48B, M2C53A,B,C,D, FNHA-2-C-200, FNHA-2-C-201 as in the Xtreme Premium Heavy Duty. Figured I'd be ok.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]