Re: trying a Travellor battery

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on March 02, 2019 at 12:44:09 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: trying a Travellor battery posted by Dave H on March 02, 2019 at 09:23:27:

TSC and FASTENAL are both on my NO-FLY list. 25 YEARS AGO TSC outlets first started showing up around here. They carried the TISCO line of new parts, many King Kutter brand implements, and many new replacement parts for implements like Ford & Dearborn, as well as the other stuff like paint, lawn mowers, and hardware. Over the years they slowly changed for the worse. Today they carry very little tractor parts, using the County Line brand now. they stock more pet food and clothes now, but I wouldn't buy either there. They also use to carry the VALSPAR brand paints but switched to the MAJIC brand which is pure junk. I rarely go there anymore and if I do I regret it. They don't stock much in bolts, nuts, and screws and I can never get the sizes I need. If they do have it, the price is ridiculous. They charge like $3 per pound for raw hardware but I can get nuts and bolts at my local CNH dealer 15 miles away for $2 per pound and they almost always have the size I need. This plus the FASTENAL outlet is right across the road from TSC but I have the same issues with them -never have what I need, if they do, too high priced and they won't split open a package for only a few items -you have to buy the bulk package. PLUS they are not open on Sundays. I will buy from my CNH dealer if I need it now, don't mind driving 15 miles to get there, though not open on Sundays, they are open til 5 on Saturdays. I'll buy in bulk from McMaster-Carr, can get a box of 100 nuts or bolts for the same price fastenal wants for one or two of theirs. I could go on -we have an electrical supply store here but when I went to buy some capacitors they said, 'what's a capacitor'? We have a welding supply business here but when I went buy some plain old 60/40 solder, they said 'what's solder'? Well you know what I'm saying anyway. The EPA has banned lead and lead products so they don't/can't sell the good solder anymore here.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]