Going to tackle the Lift

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on February 19, 2019 at 21:41:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

I have been away from the boards lately. Busy busy and getting nothing done. I am like Uncle Joe, I move kinda slow at times. Wonder how many will get the reference LOL.

OK, to the point. I am going to tackle the lift on the tractor. I downloaded the post that I think Dave made. However, I might need some pointers on things. I am going to do this alone; as usual. The main idea is to remove the lift cylinder and check it; actually I have another one that looks good so I am thinking honing and using it. I got the seal kit in hand; with the O-ring replacement for the old piston rings. Actually, this lift was done a long time ago with the O-ring. I will inspect everything of course. One concern I have is the top cover; how heavy is that thing? Will I need to use a come-along or something to lift it since I will be lifting it myself. I find lifting a 50 lb bag of fertilizer a bit hard but can do it. If the cover is 100 lbs I probably won't be able to do it without using some rig.

Also, just general pointers that others may have come across. The lift is to the point where I won't be able to lift implements come spring ploughing. The last time I used it I was thinking I was going to have to leave the turn plough in the field. I managed to get it up and headed to the house and forgo the work I was doing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]