Re: 8N-1132 Flange Nuts Color

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John (AL) on January 23, 2019 at 09:00:28 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N-1132 Flange Nuts Color posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 23, 2019 at 05:37:24:

Doing okay, just busy. Spent most of last year taking care of family members. My 97 year old grandmother died in March and three weeks later my dad had a heart attack and quadruple bypass. He never really recovered and died in October. They all live 4.5 hours away, so I was on the road a good bit going back and forth. Had a major project for work on top of that, which consumed most of what free time there was. I've got a complete valve and steering box repair kit sitting a shelf, where they've been for two years...just haven't had time to get to them.

Back to tractors....

Yes, this is the 8N-1132-A part shown in the image below. Since they're plated, I reckon I'll go with some quality silverish paint. I tried plating something before and it didn't go so well, mainly because I didn't drop money on a pure zinc bar.

Story on how I got the weight set: I was cruising eBay late one night and saw that a fellow had the set for sale and that he lived about 70 minutes away, out in the woods. He set the starting bid at $150, with no reserve. I put a $175 max bid on it, figuring I wouldn't get it because they were worth more than that as scrap. Needless to say, I was surprised the next morning when I awoke to find that I'd gotten the whole set for $150. The flange nuts alone are worth at least $160! While I was there, he offered me a Ford 505 Sickle-Bar Mower for $150, which I took, thinking I'd paint and sell for a quick profit. Haven't gotten around to that, either, but I'm thinking now I might keep it. My son's gotten into raising goats for 4H and the guy who bails hay on our property is getting out of the square bail business, so if i can find a rake and baler for decent price, I might start cutting my own.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]