Re: 8N-1132 Flange Nuts Color

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 23, 2019 at 05:37:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8N-1132 Flange Nuts Color posted by John (AL) on January 22, 2019 at 21:51:55:

HiYa John-
How the heck are you? By 'flange nut' you are referring to the 8N-1132-A rear wheel nut, right? Those are 5/8-18 UNF and as Randy said plated, never painted. Those are the only nuts used on the rear wheels regardless with or without the pie weights, excluding the six #33806-S34, 5/8-18 hex nuts, used to secure the center disc to the outer hat rim. You already know this but am posting info here for others: The pie weight sets use 5/8-11 x 3" L hex head bolts to secure the segments to the center disc. There are no nuts used as the center plates which have twelve tapped/threaded holes for each segment. The set also included the steel flat washer, #351505 under the heads of those PLUS a rubber washer, 230888 to go on the side that goes flush to the wheel hub that is to prevent the bolts from falling out. I've used standard rubber hose washers for those. The special stud extenders go on all eight wheel bolts/studs, and the OEM flange nuts will be used again to fasten everything up tight again. Ford offered two different weight classes -regular duty and heavy duty. The regular duty pie segments are listed at 30# each and the HD set are 45# each. The center disc is listed at 34#, the bolts/washers listed at 12# with the total weight for the light duty at 800 pounds and the HD set listed at 1160 total. There is an "Inside Segmented (Industrial)" set listed, 8 segments each at 100#, but I cannot find any info in the parts books on those. All the pie weight info stated above comes from the OEM 600/800 Operator's Manual, page 25. See Here -

FORD 600/800 PIE WEIGHT CHART:

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]